Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Too Good for Smithville Trails

Having heard about the trails for years and never actually ridden them. I had built it up in my mind that they were lame and not worth the drive up there when I could go to Landahl or BuRP in the same amount of time.

Well this morning I took a major hit to my ego. Yes, sometimes I am dead wrong. In this instance being dead wrong is pretty dog gone good. Travis and I headed to Smithville for a late morning start. He had ridden there twice before. The parking lot was nice and paved with an official trailhead marker and maps. We dropped in on the East side and rode all the way to Sailboat Cove then headed back sampling everything on the west side. Ninety minutes later we rolled into the parking lot with grins on our faces. The trails were plentiful and lots of fun. Tight single track through trees, rock gardens, and open fields. Big burmed corners, lots of low radius switch backs and alot more climbing than I had expected.

This is how all fast singletrack should ride. Shawnee Mission Park needs to take a few lessons from the northland dirt. psyched for next time!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked them. Our crew spends a lot of time making them what they are and doing the best with the terrain we have to work with.

    ReplyDelete