Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break officially started for Bit on Friday the 13th, so my spring break started as well. Saturday i arose early donned my cycling gear and rode to Travis' for a road ride with 6 other guys. We followed the would be course for one of the stages of the Tour of Missouri. The morning started out cold and shady with flat roads to parkville then the rolling monster hills through the farmlands towards Platte City as a beautiful spring day emerged. By 1 in the afternoon i was back home with a sore ass and a ravenous apetite generated by riding somewhere near 70 miles. For snacks during the ride I made a concoction of peanut butter, honey, sweetened condensed milk, and raw oats. It was delicious, and kept me feeling pretty good for most of the ride, this will be my new standby for bike riding abd maybe even climbing. Headed to Colorado in the morning for several days of snowboarding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment